Good for us: IT Workers Worst Dressed Employees

To lighten the load a bit from the Sony DRM thing, the link below points to a slashdot reference of an article about how IT personnel dress. Read the discussion (and od course the article) if you need a few minutes diversion.

My own take: I have to wear a tie, the owner of the company requires it. I don't mind but don't tell me that it isn't a big deal. Recently the NBA had to adopt a dress code, and many of the players shrugged their shoulders and regergitated that very sentiment.

IT IS A BIG DEAL !! Whenever a successful business person who doesn't have 5 minutes to give you takes time to construct a dress code, doesn't that indicate the importance of the situation? I don't care that much about how I dress but they certainly do. In fact they are passionate about it... and I would like to know why.

Donald Trump says "I will fire anybody who wears shoes they cannot polish" .... Why the F#ck is a billionaire even thinking about crap like that !?!

So I am on a bit of a quest. One of these days, sooner or later, and some how some way....I will get an intelligent answer to my quandry about how on God's sacred earth the way a person dresses says one thing about the quality of their character, work ethic, or value as a human being. If large gold medalions represent "gantsa" and blues jeans represent "working class" (what is wrong with that? ) why can't shirt and tie represent the scum of the Enron scandal?

I will stop my rant there, and I will also admit that "I just don't get it." In the meanwhile I dress as I am asked and wear the uniform of 'success', while I remain humbled by the many selfless giving people I have met that gracefuly sacrifice for total strangers and have never worn business attire in their life. I hope I can someday meet their standards.

Slashdot | IT Workers Worst Dressed Employees






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?