A true dose of reality

When people tell me they are a fan of reality TV I get a little uptight. Those shows are just highly edited pieces that are far from reality. They only show the worst of humanity; backstabbiing, rumor spreading gossip hounds that think betrayal and treating people like crap is ok as long as it is just part of a game.

The usual response is that I am accused of "thinking too much".

So I try the "They are taking jobs from legit actors" argument. Which doesn't draw anything but flies.

So I thought that on occasion I would take a random word and try a blog search to get a better sampling of reality entertainment. For the first enstallment, I chose an unimaginive but effective curse word. Here are a few samples:

"I'm gonna freeze my shit [shit = sperm] and get a vasectomy. To be safe, I'll save it in different parts of the country. Then, when I want kids, I'll use it." W.'s new nominee is reigniting pro-life/pro-choice debates. ..."

"It was a cheesy Star Wars rip-off with recycled special effects, and if you're looking to remake something that wasn't that great you have to change shit around. ... behind to the Cylons because shit, we're all going to die otherwise. ..."

"I hate everything."

"of chewed wires, shit, fur, shit, smelly rooms, shit, annoying noises all night and did I mention shit I went online to look for one of my favourite websites of all time. The Ham(p)ster Dance Annoying as hell but cute, fun and in its ..."

"How do I know that my vaccine is not made out of chicken shit? So there we have it. Another chapter added to the long book of Our Culture Of Fear. To me, death is imminent. Period. It doesn't matter how it comes. When your time is up. ..."

"Shit is a powerful word. Just think of all the concepts and ideas you can communicate with it. Shit may just be the most powerful word in the English language. Consider: You can be shit faced, be shit out of luck, or have shit for ...

"Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice, on why the Muslim scriptures shouldn’t be flushed down the toilet:. Disrespect for the Holy Quran is not now, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be, tolerated by the United States. ..."

"Mice don't live long because they got a short gustatory and besides that they have to eat saccharine, butter, tobacco and shit like that." Hoss: "But...?" Feelgood: "What I ain't yet figured out is, When an elephant gets a cold, ..."

"I am sick of stupid girls constantly talking shit about me to people very loudly about 20 feet away from me and thinking that it will actually affect me. ... This same girl also talked useless random shit about me at camp, too. ..."

"Life’s too short to put up with unnecessary shit, although a poor job market and one’s desire for a steady income may make it necessary to come to a temporary compromise on the level of unnecessary shit worth putting up with. ..."

"And the worse thing is that it's a stupid humanities course, so the grade is completely dependant on the professor's attitude toward you. Might as well quit college and go work as a male prostitute!!! :'-( Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!"



Try it for yourself. Pick a random word and search the blogs for it, see what you get.






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?