One Man Hacking: The Importance of Having Friends Who Disagree

Playing music, I learned a long time ago that I could not write a song by myself. I just don't have the ear necessary. But I can write original music in a collaborative situation, working with the ideas of others.

One of my favorite tenants to live by I first read in a Stephen Covey book; "When two people are in perfect synch, one of them is not necessary."

When disagreements are embedded in an ideology, trivial matters can become disproportionately emotional. Small arguments can seem like attacks on everything we stand for.

Its not always easy, but learning to appreciate disagreements, divergent opinion and just plain weird or random comments can improve your day tremendously.

The article below is a short but very well put description of this concept, and places it in a professional context.

One Man Hacking: The Importance of Having Friends Who Disagree






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?